Thursday, January 20, 2011

Antonio Silva: "Fedor's main weakness is on the ground."


"I am very happy to be fighting Fedor, who people still consider the No. 1 heavyweight in the world. Fedor is a legend and to be a legend you have to beat a legend. And I'm ready to be the best heavyweight in the world. Fedor is the best so this is the top of the food chain. For me, this is the final and I will give it all I have to make this happen. This is my dream and I'm going to beat the legend and I'm going to be a legend. I think I will do more stand up in this fight. If it goes to the ground then it does. One thing I have in my mind is that Werdum showed to the world that Fedor's main weakness is on the ground. But he's a complete fighter and I'm going to follow where the fight goes. Everyone has been saying that I can be the man to beat Fedor in the future. And now I know in my mind that I can beat him. I know this is the right time and that God has given me this time and that I can beat the great Fedor." - Antonio "Big Foot" Silva

Antonio Silva addresses his thoughts on his upcoming fight against MMA legend Fedor Emelianenko. The two will square off in the opening round of Strikeforce's highly anticipated 8-man heavyweight tournament on Feb. 12.

Silva (15-2), the last Elite XC heavyweight champion, will outweigh Emelianenko by more than 30-pounds when the two step inside the cage opposite each other. He'll look to get the fight to the ground to avoid Emelianenko's big power and expose his perceived weakness.

Posted via email from MMACrypt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment