UFC President Dana White doesn't shy away from making claims.

White, who announced on Friday that the first UFC On FOX card will feature a heavyweight championship match pitting Cain Velasquez against Junior dos Santos, feels like the show will score a higher TV rating than the CBS Kimbo Slice-James Thompson fight that was the debut of MMA on network television.

"I'm not going to be took cocky here and trump what (FOX Sports chairman) David Hill said, but I'll tell you right now, I'm expecting to blow that number out of the water," White said.

The Slice-Thompson card averaged 6.12 million viewers for the 50-minute event, including a peak of 6.51 million.

"One of my golden rules is never predict ratings because it's a zero sum game," Hill said. "If I was a betting man, which I am, I'd probably put a couple of bucks on the fact that we will."

White's reasoning for the brash statement comes for Slice's time on The Ultimate Fighter, which was a taped show. TUF drew five million viewers for a Slice-Roy Nelson fight.

The one-hour FOX show will have a pre-show event and be treated like the Super Bowl. The arena will see a full card, and FOX will show more fights if time allows.

UFC On FOX takes place November 12 from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California.