Source: Tatame.com
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida is currently in the midst of one of the longest breaks between fights in his career.

Machida (17-2) has not fought since defeating Randy Couture in April with a highlight-reel jumping front kick. The win snapped a two-loss skid, which saw him taste defeat for the first time and drop the UFC title.

Now, "The Dragon" hopes he can get another match in this year and put himself back in contention for a shot at the UFC gold.

"There's nothing set so far, I'm just waiting," said Machida, who went to UFC Rio: Silva vs. Okami last Saturday to discuss his future with the UFC. "I guess I'll fight later in November or in December, even so I could have time to get ready, but the guys (from UFC) haven't mentioned anything."

Machida's own management team mentioned publically a possible fight with Phil Davis, but the UFC quickly said nothing had been discussed about the two meeting.

"People have been talking a lot, but nobody from the UFC talked to me," Machida said.

While he was unable to figure out his next opponent, Machida did get to enjoy the rowdy Brazilian crowd and see plenty of teammates and sparring partners pick up wins in Rio.

"It was great, positive...I knew it'd be like that because I know Brazilian people, I know how the fans are around here," Machida said. "They're the most loyal fans ever, it's different from American people, that changes sides very easily. Winning or losing, people cheered for Brazil until the end, and I thought it was so nice."

Many of the top Brazilian fighters, including UFC Rio winners Anderson Silva and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, have earned soccer sponsorships, something Machida is open to, as well.

"If they propose me something, we're here; of course...I'm a professional fighter. I'm open to offers," Machida laughed when asked if he would negotiate with a soccer club.