The week leading into this fight was hectic. I was unable to get cleared based on the medical records I submitted so I spent a good part of one of the media days in the Dr.'s office. I was able to
pass the MRI/MRA that was initially in question but the doctors located a new
problem. Apparently there was
concern that one of the vessels in my brain looked as if it was connected on
one end but not the other. The Dr. told me it could be that or it could be a
vessel that was widening or ballooning but they could not really tell and
needed a better test. It sounded
serious and I wanted to fight so I agreed to the test, which involved CT Angiography
(CTA). They had to set up an IV
and inject a contrast material in me (containing iodine) and named off some
possible side effects, this was all fine, but not when you are less than a
couple of days out from a fight. The dye made me pretty sick for about the next 24 hours. I was thankful they were being so thorough, but it could not have come at a worse time