Georges St-Pierre Lays Out Jake Shields’ Game Plan for UFC 129

Written by Tom Ngo
April 5th, 2011

Help 5thRound.com spread the word

Welterweight king Georges St-Pierre claims to already have the answers for his upcoming exam against Jake Shields. Perhaps that’s why he’s a whopping 5-to-1 favorite to retain his crown at UFC 129 on April 30th.
“I know what he’s going to want to do to me,” St-Pierre matter-of-factly stated. “He’s going to want to setup his takedown with striking, pull me down, mount me and try to submit me from there.
“He doesn’t know what I’m going to do to him. I can try to knock him out standing, I can knock him out on the floor, I can submit him. I’m not afraid to go on the floor with him.”
GSP was last seen steamrolling Josh Koscheck at UFC 124 in December. The win was his eighth consecutive lopsided victory and fifth straight successful title defense.
Shields earned his shot at the brass ring with his split decision win over Martin Kampmann at UFC 121.