Sunday, June 6, 2010

Chuck Liddell's last hurrah begins with a 'bigger challenge' in Rich Franklin


"I respect Rich and I think he’s a bigger challenger [than Tito] for sure, so that motivates you more to get into the gym and I’ve gotta be prepared. I’ve got to show up ready to go or I’ll pay for it. I don’t see it being a problem. I think [ring rust is] psychological for some guys. At the end of the fight, I’ll decide what I want to do next. I’m planning on making another run at the title -- that’s what I want to do, so we’ll see what happens."

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell talks to the media at yesterday's conference call (via Sherdog.com) and expects opponent and ex-middleweight champion Rich Franklin to present a bigger challenge than original foe Tito Ortiz. "The Iceman" has some pretty lofty goals for the remainder of 2010, including another run at the 205-pound title. Will "Ace" make sure he never gets there? And if he does, what happens against guys like Rampage, Evans and Rua, who already own (T)KO losses over the TUF 11 coach?

Posted via web from MMACrypt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment