Friday May 21, 2010 BY ifight365

Though he has never been one to mince his words, current UFC Welterweight number one contender and upcoming TUF 12 coach Josh Koscheck has seemed to fire up the rhetoric, perhaps in preparation for his chance at being on the coaching side of the popular reality show after his stint as a cast member during the inaugural season in 2005.

Here’s Koscheck’s latest verbal barb from TSN aimed at current UFC 170-pound kingpin, Georges “Rush” St. Pierre, who Koscheck will meet at the end of the airing of the season, which is set to debut in September;

“I don’t think I need to get in Georges St-Pierre’s head. He knows what kind of fighter I’ve improved (to) … I’m going to have my wrestling so good that I’m going to force Georges St-Pierre into standing toe to toe with me and then I’m going to end up knocking him out, because I believe that Georges doesn’t have knockout power and I do … [In the first fight] I kind of just overlooked he was a good athlete and had the ability to learn wrestling so quick. I believe that I was young, naive and a little immature. I think now I’m wiser, older and a lot smarter when it comes to preparing and putting a game plan together.”

The first meeting that Koscheck refers to is a bout between the two men that took place at UFC 74 in August of 2007, St. Pierre’s first bout following his shocking UFC 69 title loss to Matt Serra. St. Pierre outwrestled and outworked Koscheck for the majority of the fifteen minutes of the bout before earning a unanimous decision victory. That win was the first in St. Pierre’s current seven-fight winning streak that has seen him make four successful defenses of his UFC Welterweight Championship.

Koscheck does make a fair point that his striking is much improved from their initial meeting, but St. Pierre has become a stronger overall fighter since that bout as well, which could pose a whole new set of problems for “Kos” the second time around.