UFC Featherweight fighter, Jason Reinhardt is making his UFC debut at UFC 127 as he takes on Chinese hopeful, Zhang Tie Quan.

In a recent interview with Adam Clark, Reinhardt discusses his career (which includes a broken neck), his family, and joining the Wand Fight Team.

What makes Reinhardt a true inspiration is that he is hoping that this fight will provide with the opportunity to bring more awareness to our mutual friend, Will Ribeiro, the former WEC fighter who was badly injured in a motorcycle accident.

“My heart goes out to Will. These people need to look past all the bullshit, and realize the bottom line is that Will needs help. Plain and simple. So many times, people only think of themselves.”

“I broke my neck in the cage in 2001 in a title fight in St. Louis, Missouri, against Del "the Philipino Delight" Hawkins. I finished the fight and won after giving my opponent eleven stitches over his eye. Anyway, we both went to the hospital and I was flown to California for neck surgery, and was told that I would never be able to train again, or even pick up 20 pounds over my head. Now I’m fighting in the UFC.”

“Will, your heart and determination has given me the strength to keep going, and not give up. As fighters, sometimes we get down on ourselves in training. When this happens, I dig deep inside and think of you. You have been, and continue to be, a huge inspiration to many of us in MMA. Hang in there and continue to be the Warrior you are. We are all one.”