“Remember kids, the more a person tries to intimidate you, the less likely they are someone that you need to worry about.

“If you should worry about anyone, worry about the quiet, serious guy who always keeps to himself and minds his own business. He is likely more dangerous. Everyone else in my opinion is nothing more than a hyped-up poser.”—A Better Understanding of the Intimidation Factor

During an interview which followed Wednesday's pre-UFC 126 press conference, Vitor “the Phenom” Belfort had the following to say regarding his unusually intense staredown with current UFC Middleweight Champion, Anderson “the Spider” Silva:

"I just know one thing—when you say silly things, when you do silly things, it's because you're worried, and you're trying to wear a mask. The way I fight, and the way I am, I have respect. I just need to wear one mask: myself.

[I like that!]

"His actions speak louder than his words. I think he respects me. I just think he wears the mask, trying to intimidate me. He can see it in my eyes. I'm on fire. I'm not getting intimidated by anyone.

Personally, I find it very refreshing to actually hear someone in a UFC Main Event that is as genuine and as humble as Vitor Belfort.

I think that I’ve had just about all of the disrespectful “smack-talk” that I can handle, which as far as I’m concerned, says a lot more about how insecure a person is in his or her own abilities.

If I wanted to watch the WWE, I would tune in to the WWE.

How sad (and transparent) is it that the only way that some of these guys can drum up any interest in their fights is by acting out like a spoiled, little 10-year old brat?

But not Belfort.

"I don't need to make a persona to sell more pay-per-views. I am who I am, and that's one of the things the fans can identify themselves with in me. Maybe I'm not perfect. Maybe I'm not the best. But I am who I am. That's the main thing.

"I'm not perfect. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone. I'm just saying I am who I am. I make mistakes, but I am who I am.”

It’s great that Belfort has the confidence in himself to keep the talking, or any other wild antics to a minimum.

Instead, Belfort relies solely on his actions to reinforce his own abilities inside of the cage, which is what has made him one of the best fighters that has ever battled in the sport of mixed martial arts.

Win or lose, I already have a new respect for Vitor Belfort and I wish him all of the best come Saturday night.

This is my opinion. If you don’t like it…I have others. Please check them out at www.mrjamesryan.com