Wednesday, February 3, 2010

• View topic - Baroni: ‘Hammerhouse Is A Punching Bag On Coleman’s Porch’

Image

Quote:
So what's the deal with Team Hammerhouse? Can you tell me the truth about that? There's no gym Hammerhouse. There's no gym in Ohio. There's no--you know Coleman's out here in Vegas training me. He's staying at the Palace Station. There's no team. I never went to train with Team Hammerhouse. It's just bullshit. Coleman's just a good marketer. He's telling me he wants to open up a Hammerhouse gym in Ohio. He'd like to do that some day. It was just a bunch of guys fighting under a flag you know what I mean? They didn't train together. I never really trained with Coleman. He's way too big. He would corner me and we'd have conversations on the phone. It's not a gym. It was something in Japan that they marketed. They just made the team more than what it is. There is no Hammerhouse. Hammerhouse is a punching bag on Coleman's porch. I've seen pictures of it. It's just an old punching bag. I've never even been to Coleman's house.


You're training for a fight, you're done for the day and it's Friday night. What would we find you doing? For a fight on a Friday night? Relaxing. Watching something on TV--watching the fight tapes or whatever. Nothing good. You look forward to just having one workout on Saturday. Saturday night you look forward to not working out on Sunday. That's an exciting Friday night before during training camp for me anyway.


If you're not training for a fight and its just a regular Friday night, what would you be doing? I live in Vegas, but the club scene is so old for me now. I don't feel like getting dressed up. I'm lazy. You'll find me at a bar. Drinking. [Laughter] Like a fat pig. I'm trying not to do that anymore.


There's been rumors that you are supposed to be on the new EA Sports MMA game. No, it's not true.


What if EA Sports jammed you in the game without your consent, how would you feel about that? It'd be cool to be on a sports game. I'm not in the UFC game anymore. I used to be on the cover of the old UFC game. You can see how, times have changed--where I am right now in my career. It's kind of depressing. You never hear of a fighter making a great comeback. Of course, it's hard to do. What makes a fighter great is confidence. It's hard to make a comeback. You never really see it, and that's the reason. Losing confidence and then they're not the same fighter anymore. Hopefully that's not the case with me though.


In your fight with Joe Riggs, I noticed that you were screaming off stage at someone. What were you saying? I was telling him to 'shut the fuck up'. [Laughter] He was like a media guy telling me where to stand or whatever. Joe Riggs got in my face so I got back in his face. He was telling me to back up. I just told him to shut the fuck up.


If I have a friend who wants to get 'I am the best evah' tattooed on his arm, what would you say to him? [Laughter] Get it. Get it.

Posted via web from MMACrypt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment