Thursday, February 4, 2010

• View topic - Mike Swick ready to put past behind

Image

Mike Swick wrote:
UFC welterweight contender Mike Swick (14-3 MMA, 9-2 UFC) has been here before.

After suffering a disappointing loss in his most recent appearance, the Houston native knows what it takes to dust himself off, put the past behind, and leave it all in the cage while looking to start another impressive win streak.

And as Swick recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) for The Dallas Morning News, his UFC 109 main-card bout with Paulo Thiago (12-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) this Saturday in Las Vegas is the perfect time to prove his character to the world.

"Losses are really hard to deal with for me because I'm very competitive," Swick said. "It usually brings the best out of me, which is good, and that's what I think it's going to do this time.

"After every loss I've ever had so far in my career, I've come back on a big winning streak. I think that's what is important to my fans – how I pick myself up. Fans don't necessarily look at your win-loss record. I don't get many emails from fans that say they are my fans because, 'Wow, you have a good win-loss record.' It's always because of how I've overcome stuff and how I've dealt with hurdles and negative impacts in my life and how I've kept my head positive and pushed forward. I think that's something you can take inspiration from in any field, whether it's fighting or not."

Posted via web from MMACrypt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment