Friday, February 5, 2010

• View topic - Rolles Gracie Interview.

Image

Quote:
Gracie family, responsible for the creation of UFC, saw only one of his representatives to fight on the octagon. Although, years after Royce to win 11 fights on the tournament, will be Rolles Gracie’s turn, son of the legend Rolls, to debut on Ultimate. With scheduled fight to February 6, against Mustapha Al Turk, the black belt talked to TATAME about the expectation for the fight, the trains on United States, analyzed the category and bets on “Jiu-Jitsu’s easy going” to beat Brock Lesnar.

How’s the expectation to debut on UFC?

I’m really excited. The train is very good, better impossible. I’m satisfied with my student’s support here, fans are sending messages on my website, twitter, facebook... I’m excited with everyone’s care and support.

How’s the training with Renzo and the preparation for this fight?

I’m with a great team of trainers. Greg Jackson, guys are nice, and Renzo, with all his experience... He has a scheduled fight too, I’m here in New York training with him, I have a phenomenal Boxe trainer, the same of Ricardo “Cachorrão” (Almeida), he changed the boxing around here... Greg Jackson is phenomenal too, I like to go to New Mexico to test myself, make sparring with the guys there. Greg is a nice guy too, receive me well, he knows MMA game a lot. The guys I train there have a game like the guys I’ll fight with.

Greg Jackson commands other MMA names, as St Pierre, Rashad Evans, Nate Marquardt... Have you ever trained with those guys?

There’s Shane Carwin, who I trained with in Beverly Hills, there’s (Keith) Jardine, who’s from New Mexico, there’s Brian Stann, who fought a month ago and is in the same card as I am, and some people not so much known. Here in New York there’s some guys from IFL, André Gusmão, Ricardo Cachorrão’s students...

What do you know about your opponent, Mustapha Al Turk, who’s coming from defeat on that controversy fight against Cro Cop. What did you study about his game?

I can’t say that he’s an easy opponent because he lost to Cro Cop, because was a bad match to his game. He’s complete, has a good boxing, good drops, he was champion of the ADCC in 2003 and he’s coming for all or nothing, because he’s coming from two defeats on UFC and he can be cut. Because of that he can be a dangerous opponent. I’m focused on this fight to don’t disappoint my fans.

Posted via web from MMACrypt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment